Tuesday 21 June 2016

Asteroid! ;-)

The Grade 6 Superhero Stopmotion Project 

This term our major project for art and technology was the Superhero Stopmotion Project.

We picked partners on the first lesson. I went with Pia. Then we had to design a character (superhero or supervillain),  and pick a name for them. The supervillains/heroes had to be completely original. 

My character's name was Asteroid, and she was a space superhero. 
Once Pia and I had designed her, we started to build her out of Plasticine. It was quite difficult, because we wanted her to be perfect and as lifelike as possible. I was quite happy with the end result, and relieved, too, because the Plasticine was always hard when we tried to model each colour for the first time.

If I could change anything about our character, I would probably try to make the symbals and colour chnages more pronounced and visible. I would also probably try to make her head smaller, so that she wouldn't keep falling over. ;-)

The best part about the project was that I could watch something that I had created, and know that it was mine. Watching the video that we made over and over and over again... made me feel good about myself because I knew that I was capable of animating my own video. It was almost as if I felt  that I had learnt the secret of famous animators! 

Some things that I found difficult were...
#Time Management. 
It was quite difficult to finish our poster and character on time, as sometimes my partner could not work / was not there.
#Team Work.
Sometimes my partner found my ideas bad and wouldnt have a compromise.
# Filming.
When it came to filming I did most of the work. We had some trouble finding a place to film, because at first we wanted to film in a dark room.





No comments:

Post a Comment